Saturday, August 29, 2009

Anew Clinical

These a couple items from their "Clinical line." Essentially all the items are supposed to mimic the effect of actual cosmetic procedures without of course getting cut up and poked with needles [violent imagery intended].

Here we have Thermafirm. This replaced my Clinique Zero Gravity Repair wear Lift only because... I ran out. I use this as a neck cream. Again, prevention, prevention prevention.

Double/triple chin? No thanks!

Claims:
To support damaged tissue with new collagen
Uses triple sonic technology [combination of ultrasonic stressed yeast, natural extracts and hydrolyzed plant protiens] to tighten the connection between skin's layers

For me, I have found this a VERY moisturizing neck cream. I exfoliate reguarly especially on my neck and chest. One day I went a little overboard and damaged the skin on my neck. It became super dry and scaley *yikes.* Not even my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion worked, which is the most moisturizing face lotion I've used so far. But after using this cream for a couple nights all the dryness went away, leaving my skin supple and moist like before.

Also, it has a very nice subtle perfume scent unlike my Clinique lotions/creams. Although fragrance free is better for senstive skin and noses, sometimes I think they just stink. Chemical, plastic-y bleh scents aren't too friendly to the nose either!

Anew Thermafirm Face Lifting Cream $32

Grade :] +



And this here is the Anew Clinical Eye Lift which was brough to my attention because it is an Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner and CEW Insider's Choice Beauty Winner.

Claims:
Lifts Brown Bone, Upper and Lower eye area
Uses Dimensional Lift Technology to tighten and lift upper eye and brow are
a
Uses Derma Refine Technology to lift under eye sagging
Reduces dark circles and creepiness X] (which means small lines on the under eye area)





Unfortunately, this product worked too well. I didn't notice any tightening with the upper eye gel. It just felt soothing and watery [in a good way]. After using the under eye cream my under eyes felt TIGHT!! I remember sitting on my bed going on the laptop thinking 'wow I can actually feel this stuff working'

Then when I proceeded to do my eye make up I noticed these brown dried patches on skin where I had previously applied the eye cream. To this day I have no clue what exactly happened but I am now very wary of tightening eye creams.

Grade- :[

No comments:

Post a Comment